EXPERIENCED INDIANAPOLIS TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
Did the trucker, trucking company, or the rig have a history of negligence, maintenance issues, close calls or accidents? Our Indianapolis truck accident lawyers find out.
Tractor trailers can be dangerous machinery leaving more than exhaust in their wake. Often times a trucker, trucking company, or the rig itself has a history of negligence, maintenance issues, close calls or accidents.
Other factors that can aggravate the risk posed to drivers by big rigs include:
- David v. Goliath: A fully loaded truck can weigh more than 80,000 pounds, while an average automobile weighs less than 5,000 pounds. In these instances, David almost never defeats Goliath.
- Payload: As average Joes we haul our families, friends, and pets. A commercial truck may be hauling multiple trailers, large freight, liquids, and hazardous or flammable materials that can aggravate both the risk of accident and the devastation of the aftermath.
- Driver Fatigue: Several factors can contribute to the instability of a truck driver, their reactions and decision-making ability. This can include lack of sleep, drug or alcohol abuse, or improper on-the-job training.
If you are online researching the legal rights and resources available in the aftermath of a truck accident, reach out to an Indiana truck accident lawyer at McNeely Stephenson. Call our Indiana trucking wreck attorneys to talk about your questions — 1-.
TRUSTED ADVISOR. PROVEN ADVOCATE.
We were defense attorneys … now we use what we learned to help our clients prove their cases. Let us share some words of wisdom with you:
- “Don’t Sign Anything!” You hear lawyers on television relentlessly yell this phrase. While annoying – it’s true. Trucking companies and their insurance carriers are experienced in mitigating their exposure to loss in these matters. Insurers often try to reach a quick settlement in an effort to limit their financial responsibility to you.
- Surprised? The truck driver may not be the only party legally responsible for the accident. Trucking accident cases require extensive investigation to identify all aggravating circumstances that contributed to the wreck. Trucking companies, trailer owners, contractors, employers, insurance companies, and shippers may also be held liable and obligated to provide financial compensation.
- Your Experts Matter. Knowing the truth and being able to prove the truth are two different things. Our Indiana truck wreck lawyers are committed to bringing together the most qualified experts available (irrespective of cost) to uncover what happened. Your experts will come from around the world if necessary and help to prove your case.
- You are Responsible for the Investigation. Our police forces are brave and dedicated, but oftentimes also understaffed and underfunded. The accident investigation conducted by law enforcement is primarily concerned with determining criminality – not investigating liability. One of the first calls truckers make in an accident is to their company, who instantly dispatches an investigative unit to begin the process of mitigating their financial loss. You need an investigative team on your side working to secure the evidence needed to prove your claim.
Talk to Our Indianapolis Truck Accident Attorney to Find Out if You Have a Case
Truck accident cases can be complex legal claims that require thorough investigation and demand aggressive litigation to secure the best possible outcome for the plaintiff. Attorney Mike Stephenson has more than three decades of experience and substantial financial resources to commit to your case. We build a legal team specifically to handle your case.
Call to learn more about our investigative and litigation strategies: 1-.