Attorney Brady Rife
Brady Rife has developed a diverse civil litigation practice for both plaintiffs and defendants throughout Indiana. Brady is heavily involved in serious personal injury matters, complex business and commercial disputes, and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. Brady has successfully tried several jury trials and bench trials as lead counsel and has also briefed multiple cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Although many litigated cases are resolved through negotiation and settlement between the parties, Brady takes case preparation seriously and prepares each case as though it may be tried. From a diligent and thorough investigation to hiring knowledgeable and experienced experts, Brady works to present the best case he can for his clients.
Brady is a graduate of Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and Indiana University Law School in Indianapolis. While attending law school at night, Brady clerked full-time for the firm where he was immediately submerged into civil litigation.
Brady is active in the community. He serves on the Blue River Community Foundation Finance Committee and is active with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He also enjoys coaching baseball and basketball and playing golf.
Partnering With Injury Firms Across the Country
McNeely Stephenson often works in partnership with other law firms, adding its experience, legal acumen and resources to the effort to bring compensation and justice to those injured by negligent individuals or businesses. For example, we currently are working closely with a renowned national personal injury law firm on a double-fatality accident caused by a trucker for a large multinational corporation who fell asleep at the wheel after having worked too many hours in the oilfields. Our reputation and track record in trucking accident cases and other personal injury situations extends past the borders of Indiana, resulting in significant wins for injury victims countrywide.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004 J.D.
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN, USA, 2000 B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Dean’s List; Eta Sigma Phi
- Major: Latin
- Carter v. City of East Chicago, 881 N.E.2d 1114 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008)
- City of East Chicago v. East Chicago Second Century, Inc., 878 N.E.2d 358 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Tharp v. Neff, 868 N.E.2d 1220 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Hanninen V. Koch, 868 N.E.2d 1137 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
- Shelby County Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
Past Employment Positions
- McNeely, Stephenson, Thopy & Harrold, Law Clerk, 2001 – 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Indiana State Bar Association Disaster Relief Program, 2008 – Present
- Shelby County Pro Bono Council, 2005 – Present
- Sigma Chi