Truck Accident Case
We took more than 60 depositions in five different states. Because of Stephenson’s tireless advocacy, shortly before the trial was to commence, the defendants settled the case for $48.5 million.
Stephenson Rife is pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for students entering their first year of a postsecondary institution (this includes trade school, 2-year degrees, and 4-year degrees). at the beginning of the next academic year (August 2023).
This scholarship is designed to encourage and reward dedication of an exemplary individual who is deeply involved in the Shelby County community that surrounds them. Stephenson Rife believes in good citizenship and recognition for those who support their local communities through direct involvement, meaningful commitment and generosity of their time and efforts.
Scholarship applicants must submit a detailed report of their community service efforts during their high school careers. This should be submitted in the form of an essay describing the involvement and how they feel this award will further both their college career and their continued dedication to helping others in Shelby County.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work/attend school in the United States
- Must currently attend a High School in Shelby County, IN
- Commencing a postsecondary institution in August 2023.
Applicants must submit the following by April 20, 2023:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of acceptance letter into your postsecondary institution
- Essay outlining the description of past community service efforts and how award will enhance your education and future service opportunities in Shelby County.
- Length of community service history
- Depth of dedication to the community
- Ability to clearly convey a complex message.
The Stephenson Rife Scholarship is a $1000 award. This scholarship will be awarded to five (5) applicants, 1 from each of the high schools in Shelby County. Successful applicants will be notified during each school’s awards night or will be announced by May 15, 2023. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the applicable University and mailed by August 4, 2023, to help defray the recipient’s tuition costs and other expenses. The recipient is expected to abide with current tax laws.
Shelby County High Schools:
- Triton Central High School
- Shelbyville High School
- Waldron Junior-Senior High School
- Southwestern High School
- Morristown High School
More About Stephenson Rife
Our Indiana personal injury lawyers have been successfully litigating personal injury cases in Indiana since 1982. Stephenson Rife have been helping injured people across Indiana recover compensation for their medical bills, lost income, and other expenses incurred through no fault of their own.
By submitting an application, the applicant grants Stephenson Rife permission to use the applicant’s name, school, and photo in marketing platforms. This can include, but is not limited to, Stephenson Rife’s website, social media accounts, press releases, or other publications.