Dennis E. Harrold
Dennis (Denny) Harrold has been here in practice for over 45 years in a variety of specialties. While the majority of his practice has been in litigation, his trial experience has included both criminal and civil litigation. Currently, he restricts his trial practice to civil litigation in state and federal courts.
Denny has devoted a significant portion of his practice to school and education law representing numerous school corporations as well as representing teachers, parents, and students when disputes did not involve the school corporations to which he provides advice and counsel. He is known for his compassion and attention to detail. He has served as a speaker on subjects of litigation and education law changes over the years. He has worked to update and improve school policy and state laws affecting schools, teachers, students and parents. He is a founding member of the Indiana Council of School Attorneys. He currently is also a member of the National Schools Boards Association and the National Council of School Attorneys.
Denny also provides his clients with skilled representation in which probate and estate matters as well as forming business organizations such as partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. He also practices as a registered civil mediator.
Denny has also established himself as a focused advocate for both individuals and businesses in the areas of land use and zoning matters. He works closely with his clients and local government in achieving a progressive approach to community improvements both aesthetically and economically.
In all areas of his practice, Denny believes the best results for his clients come from preparation and “going the extra mile” for them.
He is past president of the Shelby County Bar Association as well as the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce and is a Fellow of the Indiana Bar Foundation. He is listed as a member of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Top 10 Attorney award from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, America’s Top 100 Attorney’s Lifetime Achievement inductees, the Nation’s Top One Percent of the National Counsel of Distinguished Counsel, and America’s Most Honored Professionals. He is also recipient of the Indiana State Bar Association Civility Award, the Albert Nelson Marquis, Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award and the Global Directory of Who’s Who Top Lawyer Award. He has achieved over 30 years of rating as a “Preeminent” lawyer obtaining the highest rating available in Peer Rating reviews for both legal ability and ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Corporate & Business Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- School and Education Law
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- Personal Injury Claims
- Government & Municipal Law
- Mediation and Expert Testimony
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1972
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Major: Business Management and Administration
- Indiana, 1972
Courts of Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1972
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1972
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Rating, 1986 – Present
- Albert Nelson Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award
- Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (Top 10 Award)
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- Indiana State Bar Association – Civility Award, 2007
- Indiana Superlawyer
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1987 – Present
- Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America, 1987
- Honorary Member, Republic of Korea Bar, 1974
- Who’s Who in Finance and Business
- Global Directory Who’s Who, Top Lawyer 2015
- Military Service – U.S. Army JAGC 1972-1976
Super Lawyers Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell Attorney Peer Ratings
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
The Global Directory of Who’s Who
Marquis Who’s Who
Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award