Attorney Brady Rife
Brady Rife has developed a diverse civil litigation practice for plaintiffs throughout Indiana. Brady is heavily involved in serious personal injury matters, complex business and commercial disputes, and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. Brady has successfully tried several jury trials and bench trials as lead counsel and has also briefed multiple cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Although many litigated cases are resolved through negotiation and settlement between the parties, Brady takes case preparation seriously and prepares each case as though it may be tried in court. From a diligent and thorough investigation to hiring knowledgeable and experienced experts, Brady works to present the best case he can for his clients. Some of the firm’s most successful cases include winning a $48 million settlement against a large corporation in a fatal vehicle crash in New Mexico and a $14 million dollar settlement against a national trucking company in Illinois. The firm handles cases across the United States.
“I love helping people who are unable to help themselves for various reasons. I like standing up for the little guy.”
Brady is a graduate of Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and Indiana University Law School in Indianapolis. While attending law school at night, Brady clerked full-time for the firm where he was immediately submerged into civil litigation. Currently, Brady has spent 20 years with Stephenson Rife.
Born and raised in Shelby County, Brady has a deep commitment to the community. He serves on the board of the Shelby County United Fund for You (SCUFFY) , is a board member for Rush Shelby Energy Round Up Fund, and is active with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He also enjoys coaching baseball and basketball.
“Community is extremely important to us. We live in this community. Our children go to school in this community. We want everyone to have the opportunity to prosper and live a good life. We hope that our support of the community will push those goals forward.”
Outside of work, Brady enjoys all kinds of sports. He has taken up pickleball and likes its quick pace. He’s had a lifelong love of baseball. He enjoys being outside, exercising and working around the house.
Partnering With Injury Firms Across the Country
Stephenson Rife often works in partnership with other law firms, adding its experience, legal acumen and resources to the effort to bring compensation and justice to those injured by negligent individuals or businesses. For example, we currently are working closely with a renowned national personal injury law firm on a double-fatality accident caused by a trucker for a large multinational corporation who fell asleep at the wheel after having worked too many hours in the oilfields. Our reputation and track record in trucking accident cases and other personal injury situations extends past the borders of Indiana, resulting in significant wins for injury victims countrywide.
Stephenson Rife’s Mission Statement is:
“Through our combined expertise we provide the highest level quality advice and aggressive advocacy to achieve outstanding results for our clients while focusing on the communities in which we live and the well-being of our team.”
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004 J.D.
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN, USA, 2000 B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Dean’s List; Eta Sigma Phi
- Major: Latin
- Carter v. City of East Chicago, 881 N.E.2d 1114 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008)
- City of East Chicago v. East Chicago Second Century, Inc., 878 N.E.2d 358 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Tharp v. Neff, 868 N.E.2d 1220 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Hanninen V. Koch, 868 N.E.2d 1137 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
- Shelby County Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
- Indiana Super Lawyer, 2012- Present Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Shelby County United Fund for You (SCUFFY), Board Member
- Rush Shelby Energy Round Up, Board Member
Past Employment Positions
- McNeely, Stephenson, Thopy & Harrold, Law Clerk, 2001 – 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Indiana State Bar Association Disaster Relief Program, 2008 – Present
- Shelby County Pro Bono Council, 2005 – Present
- Sigma Chi