Attorney Brady Rife
Brady Rife has developed a diverse civil litigation practice for plaintiffs throughout Indiana. Brady is heavily involved in serious personal injury matters, complex business and commercial disputes, and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. Brady has successfully tried several jury trials and bench trials as lead counsel and has also briefed multiple cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Although many litigated cases are resolved through negotiation and settlement between the parties, Brady takes case preparation seriously and prepares each case as though it may be tried. From a diligent and thorough investigation to hiring knowledgeable and experienced experts, Brady works to present the best case he can for his clients. Some of the firm’s most successful cases include winning a $48 million settlement against a large corporation in a fatal vehicle crash and securing a $2 million jury verdict against a county in Indiana. The firm has handled cases across the United States.
Brady is a graduate of Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and Indiana University Law School in Indianapolis. While attending law school at night, Brady clerked full-time for the firm where he was immediately submerged into civil litigation.
Born and raised in Shelbyville, Brady has a deep commitment to the community. He serves on the Blue River Community Foundation Finance Committee and is active with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He also enjoys coaching baseball and basketball and playing golf.
“We feel it is very important to give back to our local community. We believe that Charity begins at home. We are proud that our firm has been a Pace Setter for our local SCUFFY, which is our local United Fund. We have 100% of our staff that step up and make a pledge to support this great organization. We are also excited to see growth occurring in our small town and we are active supporters of Mainstreet Shelbyville.”
Partnering With Injury Firms Across the Country
Stephenson Rife often works in partnership with other law firms, adding its experience, legal acumen and resources to the effort to bring compensation and justice to those injured by negligent individuals or businesses. For example, we currently are working closely with a renowned national personal injury law firm on a double-fatality accident caused by a trucker for a large multinational corporation who fell asleep at the wheel after having worked too many hours in the oilfields. Our reputation and track record in trucking accident cases and other personal injury situations extends past the borders of Indiana, resulting in significant wins for injury victims countrywide.
Stephenson Rife’s Mission Statement is:
“Through our combined expertise we provide the highest level quality advice and aggressive advocacy to achieve outstanding results for our clients while focusing on the communities in which we live and the well-being of our team.”
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004 J.D.
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN, USA, 2000 B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Dean’s List; Eta Sigma Phi
- Major: Latin
- Carter v. City of East Chicago, 881 N.E.2d 1114 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008)
- City of East Chicago v. East Chicago Second Century, Inc., 878 N.E.2d 358 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Tharp v. Neff, 868 N.E.2d 1220 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Hanninen V. Koch, 868 N.E.2d 1137 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
- Shelby County Bar Association, 2005 – Present Member
- Indiana Super Lawyer, 2012- Present Member
Past Employment Positions
- McNeely, Stephenson, Thopy & Harrold, Law Clerk, 2001 – 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Indiana State Bar Association Disaster Relief Program, 2008 – Present
- Shelby County Pro Bono Council, 2005 – Present
- Sigma Chi